2013 Spring Professional Development Conference
The 2013 APA Indiana Spring Professional Development Conference “Embracing Change” was held at The Commons in downtown Columbus, Indiana on March 15th 2013. Check out the wrap up blog post.
Check back soon for presentations from the conference.
300 Washington Street
Columbus, IN 47201
Click here for a Google map of The Commons
Please come join your fellow planners from around the state as we discuss the dynamics of change not only to our communities, but to our departments/units and ourselves. Conference sessions have been submitted for CM credit including credits for Law and Ethics.
|Conference highlights include:
- A mobile workshop walking tour focused on Columbus’s changing downtown.
- The dynamic duo of Louise Allen, AICP (Kentucky Chapter Past-President) and Wendy Moeller, AICP (Ohio Chapter Past-President) to lead a discussion on what would you do… looking at actual AICP ethics cases and what decisions we should make.
- The Town of McCordsville and NIRPC team up to talk about change and how it effects two dynamically different areas of the state.
- Our Legislative and Policy Committee and the Indiana Bar Land Use Section team to provide updates on what is happening in this year’s legislative session and a focus on pertinent legal issues changing the way we conduct our craft.
- The City of Noblesville shares how it is digitizing the planning department and improving the way they do business and serve their community.
- Karen Valencic with Spiral Impact will talk about how to face and embrace change on both the personal and professional levels.
- Thursday night Pre-conference Networking for those planning on coming in early.
- AICP Exam Preparation Session for those preparing for the exam.
- And don’t forget our annual Hoosier Planning Awards and chapter meeting!
Click here for:
- Regular Full Day Registration $105
- Student/Unemployed/Retired Full Day Registration $55
- Luncheon Only Registration $35
- AICP Exam Prep Session Only Registration $25