Celebrate National Community Planning Month in October!
The achievements of planning are celebrated in October with National Community Planning Month.
The 2016 theme is Civic Engagement. This year’s theme underscores the necessity of engaging the public, elected officials, and key leaders in discussions that shape the future of our cities. Thoughtful local planning cannot happen without meaningful civic engagement.
National Community Planning Month will feature some exciting activities:
- The Great Places in America awards
- Stories focusing on planning activities for kids (often times their first exposure to the profession)
- Profiles of planners lending their expertise to communities that are in need
- Teamwork examples of planners, working alongside allied professionals, to build healthier and more active neighborhoods
- Spreading our story through the APA Ambassadors Program
Learn more about National Community Planning Month
The APA also has created a National Community Planning Month Resource Hub filled with materials that you or your agency can utilize.