APA Indiana is committed to advancing the recognition and quality of planning throughout the State of Indiana.
Membership in APA Indiana affords you the opportunity to associate with other planners, officials, citizens, educators, students, and allied professionals who share a common commitment to planning through national and/or chapter affiliation.
APA Indiana is the only organization representing the profession of planning in the State of Indiana.
Our members represent many different careers in planning, as well as many other disciplines. We invite citizen planners and allied professionals from across the State of Indiana to join us.
Whatever your interest, APA Indiana will assist you in becoming more effective by drawing on its resources and activities.
The purpose of our organization is to:
- Represent planning interests in Indiana
- Promote public interest in planning and development of Indiana’s resources
- Recommend and support sound legislation related to planning
- Assist members in improving their knowledge and understanding of planning
- Provide a statewide network of support for planners
- Facilitate the individual participation of members of the organization in the national affairs of the American Planning Association
- Encourage membership in the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)