2014 Hoosier Planning Awards
The annual APA Indiana Chapter Hoosier Planning Awards honor excellence in plans, individuals and organizations that have advanced the practice of planning. We invite you to participate in the celebration of the best of Indiana planning by nominating projects, plans and people that you believe deserve special recognition. There are ten award categories covering the broad reach of planning. In addition, the Indiana Planning Sagamore designation is open for nominations of qualified individuals.
The deadline for awards nominations is Monday, February 3, 2014 at 5:00pm ET. To be eligible, projects must have been completed no more than three years prior to January 1, 2014. The presentation of awards will occur at the APA Indiana Chapter Spring Conference on March 21, 2014. A full and complete nomination form plus required supporting materials must be submitted in order for the nomination to be considered.
The awards categories for 2014 are as follows:
Awards for Excellence in Planning
- Outstanding Plan
- Outstanding Best Practice
- Outstanding Grassroots Initiative
- Outstanding Student Project
- Outstanding Communications Initiative
- Outstanding Public Outreach
- Outstanding Implementation
Awards for Distinguished Leadership
- Mike Carroll Award for Distinguished Leadership by a Professional Planner
- Earl Franke Award for Distinguished Service to the Chapter
- Distinguished Leadership by a Planning Advocate
Indiana Planning Sagamore
- This is the highest award bestowed on a planner by the American Planning Association Indiana Chapter, recognizing the achievement of the planner as an individual and elevating the Planning Sagamore as a model planner before the public and the planning profession.
Hoosier Planning Awards and Indiana Planning Sagamore nomination packages are available at the links below or by contacting Joshua Desmond, APA Indiana Awards Committee Chair, at (812) 349-3423 or email@example.com.